Updated: Aug 2, 2020
Shevee Resolado, Past President of the Rotaract Club of Cebu Fuente
and Incoming Learning and Development Associate of Pilipinas Rotaract MDIO
The Pilipinas Rotaract Online University has been launched by the Pilipinas Rotaract Multi-District Information Organization (MDIO). This digital transformation initiative seeks to increase the ability of Filipino Rotaractors to adapt to the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. Physical distancing rules prevent the holding of in-person classes. Instead of cancelling, Rotaract trainings were made online and virtual.
Powered by Google Classroom, this online learning and development delivery platform will be a repository of curated MDIO, district and club developed training materials relevant in growing the leadership and professional skills of Filipino Rotaractors.
For its pilot implementation, the Pilipinas Rotaract Online University has rolled out eLearning materials on a weekly basis since April 25. Its focus is on topics that would develop the leadership and professional skills of Rotaractors as well as guide them in planning their service projects for the incoming Rotary year. These topics include Rotaract 101, Project Planning and Development, Rotary Brand and Public Image, Rotary Protocols, Rotary Action Plan and Strategic Planning and Rotary Online Tools.
The learning materials were prepared by seasoned Rotaractors and resource persons – including some who have since become Rotarians - who have served the organization in various leadership capacities.
Rotaractors earn certificates after taking the eLearning courses, passing an exam, answering the training needs analysis survey and completing the evaluation.
As of June 30, 2020, 1,350 Rotaractors have accessed the Online University platform and spent 1,464 training hours. On a five-point Likert scale where 5.0 is the highest, the initiative has garnered garnered 4.62 or Very Satisfactory average rating from the evaluation forms accomplished by the course takers.
Below are some of the feedback statements from Filipino Rotaractors:
· “You are helping a new member like me big time because of this online university.” - Ma. Kristina Bautista, Rotaract Club of Alicia (Isabela)
· “This is a great idea because not all Rotaractors can attend face-to-face trainings in the past.” – Joseph Zamora, Rotaract Club of San Jose Del Monte (Bulacan)
· “Proud of this initiative! Thank you for opening opportunities like this. It make us all even more connected with each other.” – Christoffer Deblois, Rotaract Club of Miraculous Medal - Sucat
· “Off to a great start! One of the best transformations so far and I am looking forward to the rest of what MDIO can offer to us.” – Gianina Maria Ciriaco, Rotaract Club of Pasay Cyber City
· “Thank you for having this Pilipinas Rotaract Online University. I do really appreciate your efforts in raising the bar for the Rotaract Clubs in the Philippines by educating us about our organization.” – Leah Camille Detruz, Rotaract Club of Carmona (Cavite)
· “It is such a great effort that Pilipinas Rotaract MDIO has this way to reach Rotaractors in different places despite of our difficult times due to this pandemic. Thank you very much!” – Jomari Montalbo, Rotaract Club of Downtown Ibaan (Batangas)
· “Thank you for this innovative platform. You just gave us a transformed meaning of connectivity and opportunity in Rotaract.” – Mina Joy Retita, Rotaract Club of Marapara (Bacolod)
· “Keep this way of sharing, this highly recommended standard of learning, for us Rotaractors.” – Noemi Sophia Ampong, Rotaract Club of Metro Valencia (Bukidnon)
· “Pilipinas Rotaract Online University is a great gauge to all Rotaractors all over the Philippines to unite and learn as one, regardless of today's crisis.” – Jyannah Neliza, Guillo, Rotaract Club of Universidad de Zamboanga – CES
Pilipinas Rotaract MDIO is a Rotary International recognized regional group of Rotaract clubs of the ten Rotary districts in the Philippines formed in 2007 to serve as the information, communication and learning resource center of Rotaract in the country. Its major programs include conducting trainings for Rotaract club leaders, organizing annual Rotaract convention, facilitating information dissemination and knowledge sharing through various communication platforms, and fostering multi-district service projects collaboration and fellowship.